Saturday 5 February 2022

ABOUT LOVE - A collection of songs written and performed by Tom Edwards

As some of you may know, I have just completed my first Music album entitled: About Love.

This was an extended lock-down solo project, taking as my theme some of the aspects of "love" that I had  seen in my life. Strangely, rather than about "romantic" love, my first track was about my love of travel, which normally occupies about 6 months of every year but then suddenly, because of the pandemic, I could go no where, not even into town - that  became "A Prisoner in a Velvet Glove." Music video: https://youtu.be/AJLpof_soTc

Other tracks followed - a revamp of  "Our Love Is On The Right Track": a relationship that maybe wasn't working but is now. Music Video: https://youtu.be/1pqRSbEbzYg

"Beautiful": where perfection has been found, real for imagined, wherever anyone says. Music Video: https://youtu.be/CeENU21pbCw

"See The Morning Light": if you play-around, you can lose the very person you've always loved. Music Video: https://youtu.be/7cY6lUtVqNo

"Meet-Cute From A Movie Romance": my personal favourite because I love stories - here the guy, emotionally lost on the road to nowhere, meets the girl with whom it shouldn't work, but it does.

"Before I Met You": the realisation that the perfect life had not been perfect until "I met you".  "Was it Love?": when you know the answer is yes, from the moment you first meet. And then "Waiting for This Moment To Come": which we've all done, for days or weeks, years or even decades. On to "Why Don't You Pick Me": not desperation, but a plea to acknowledge that two old friends that have suffered with others,  should have been lovers all along. Then the dark side with "Cheatin' Ways" - the love you can't do without, even when you know it will hurt not only you, but others too. And the melancholy of "My Whole Life Feels Like Rain": which it  sometimes does, no matter what.

I will be posting more music videos versions and making all the music-only-tracks available, thru this blog, in the near future.


Hope you get a change to listen.

Thanks 

Tom


No comments:

Post a Comment